KEYS TO A POSITIVE CPAP EXPERIENCE
1. Communication: Stay in close communication with – and take advantage of our continual follow up provided by – NSD sleep professionals. Ask lots of questions and seek help when you need it.
2. Consistency: Use CPAP all night, every night and for every nap. You will receive the maximum health benefits from CPAP when you use it every time that you sleep.
3. Cleaning: Cleaning your mask, tubing and headgear on a regular basis is key in preventing germs and maintaining mask fitting. Make a habit of cleaning supplies and replacing the filters in your CPAP unit.
4. Mask Selection: The first mask you try may not be the best one for you. Work with NSD’s RPSGTs to make corrections to your equipment selection. Ask about a different type of machine or mask if you have ongoing problems.
5. Comfort: Increase comfort by using a saline spray, decongestant or humidifier for nose, mouth or throat irritation. Use your unit’s “ramp” setting to slowly get used to the air pressure level. Speak to your NSD sleep professional to resolve your issues.
YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT...
Bacteria and germs are a significant concern, and CPAP masks, filters, and tubing should be cleaned regularly and replaced every three months. Your insurance will cover resupply.
Sleep Apnea therapy technology – CPAP, BiPAP, and AutoPap - has improved substantially in the last two years. Technology allows users to rest in comfort and quiet, with smaller, portable, easier to use and better fitting equipment and masks.
You may need a new titration study if you have lost or gained more than ten pounds –OR –If you have moved from another state of differing climate or elevation. Your current pressure setting may no longer be adequate, causing you to feel like you are asphyxiating or not receiving enough pressure during the night.
If your machine is an old and noisy device, you may already qualify for a new machine.
CPAP therapy improves overall health, including: increased energy and ability to exercise; reduction of insulin dependence in a diabetic patients; and decreased blood pressure. Without treatment, sleep apnea can exacerbate many conditions and even lead to death.
CPAP Equipment & Supplies:
We can provide you with equipment & supplies for treatment of your obstructive sleep apnea including comfortable and quieter CPAP technology, skilled CPAP Therapy RPSGT's, and continuous follow-up.CPAP Masks:
- Nasal Masks
- Full Face Masks
- Nasal Interface/ Pillows
- Oral Masks
- CPAP Machines
- Auto CPAP Machines
- BIPAP & BI-Levels
- Tubing and Hoses
- Mask Parts
- Chin Straps
- Power & Batteries
Feel free to call one of our specialists, at our main number (702) 990-7660, or leave a message requesting a call back with your name and contact phone number. Please allow up to 24 hours for our staff to return your call. Our staff will call you back as soon as possible. We cannot guarantee same-day response on specialty PAP supplies. We take some private insurance, and we do offer a special price for our cash patients. To get supplies from Nevada Sleep Diagnostics, have a prescription signed by your physician faxed to (702) 990-7665.
CASH PAY: Nevada Sleep Diagnostics is committed to your health. We are now offering gently used CPAP machines, by prescription only, at a discounted price. Prices starting at $150 (depending on availability) Please contact our CPAP Program for more details.